Brian Ford (@ohBrian) is a Floridian and former life-long New Yorker. I began my career working for a defense contractor as a software engineer. I left that world to work in international telecommunuications and networking.. One day I received an offer to work for one the most recognizable Internet companies in the world. Too good to pass up. After 15 years I was looking for a change and joined a much smaller and much more agile Internet security startup. Then my previous employer bought the startup and I was back working for that most recognizable Internet company. Small world. Go figure.
In late 2020 I decided it was time to do something totally different. I retired from full time and today I am a technical instructor and content developer focused on cybersecurity and networking.
I developed an interest in networking while working on the defensive avionics systems for military aircraft. This interest turned into a passion as I was introduced to personal computers and local area networking. Along the way I picked up degrees and certifications including my:
- B.S. in Computer Science,
- Novell Certified Netware Engineer (CNE),
- Novell Certified Netware Instructor (CNI),
- Novell Enterprise Certified Netware Engineer (ECNE),
- Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE),
- Certified Information Systems Security professional (CISSP),
- M.S. in Information Assurance (MSIA),
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager and
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
When I’m not either reading or working or learning more about information and network security you can find me puttering in my garden, working out in the gym, cutting wood, or watching way too much NBA basketball (Go Brooklyn!).
You can also find my work at Fords Lab.
© 2023 Brian Ford. All rights reserved.